Thursday 26 May 2016

In Quest to Quench and Quell

It's been awhile without writing a piece of note. Today I lie down with deeper thought to keep my writing alive. 

The value of a thing is best known when it is lost. The sense of need is pricked when it becomes shortfalls. Water is the most essential element in lives of every human kind. It's difficult to start a day without it. A place like Zhemgang which is considered as the least populated and developing realm is in dire need of water. Actually it should have enough water to quench thirst of all the households but it fails to provide even a bucket in a day. Can we imagine a teacher who stays in the school from 8 am till 5 pm and he/she needs to fetch water till 8 pm right after the school? But most of us in Zhemgang do. It's been 4 months without supply of water and accumulating has become a culture. The water at the source has dried up and we have no other option then to continue accumulating. I have been calculating the hours that I spend in fetching water. Its takes almost 3 hours in a day to fill all the empty vessels. In a week I spend priceless 21 hours. Actually these hours can be used in rejuvenating my profession which will directly benefit my students.

I do hear same issues being discussed in some places but the scenario is different. When we have a dinner it becomes 9:30 pm and after preparing lesson plan it stretches up to 11:30 pm. The moment i prostrate my body on the bed, it becomes 12 mid night. Teaching profession demands more time to explore and come up with daily pithy lesson planing which will help students learn better.  We need to prepare beguiling teaching learning materials which will keep the eyes of learners instantly. I have to compromise maximum intriguing plans and make sure I have my evening time with empty vessels somewhere else. It's quite baffling at times when a perished body needs to attend breathtaking moment right after the class. 

I heard, the hard work is the key to success but I am quite confounded that this hard work may lead to a failure if it prolong. Besides teaching, fetching water has become a list in my daily hustle and bustle.
Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.