Saturday 12 November 2016

An inquisitive odyssey to Eastern Dzongkhag

I started my journey at 7 am from Zhemgang to eastern Dzongkhag. A week earlier I received a call letter from JICA Office stating that I shall attend HPE festival at Kidheykhar MSS, Mongar. Ms Kanea Aida from Japan who is currently working in our school as HPE instructor for 2 years accompanied me. My visit to eastern Dzongkhag was unfamiliar and it resembles with my counterpart.
I have decided to venture along Panbang highway which was newly constructed and it still requires final touch. I drove on bumpy road and straddled through deep holes resonating for quite sometime and such baffling road engulf more synergy. It was a mundane driving but sublime scene and elegant waterfall reinforced me to drive further. Place like Panbang which is popularly known as LK(Lower Kheng) is rich in biodiversity and it consist of the great Manas river and the Royal Manas Park.
Waterfall, Panbang highway

Travelling through Panbang to Nganglam isn't too long but treacherous and dampen road impedes smooth driving. We made to Nganglam at around 3 pm without any knowledge of many places and we were not sure whether we were treading the expected road. Listening to a mixture of old oriental and occidental songs added flavour which made us savour every moment.

After reaching Nganglam town, I asked vendors near by the shops about the road to Pemagatshel. The valuable etiquette such as taking off their hats and standing up when they talk with new people still prevail. I shall encourage my students to imbibe this value instead of practicing indolent demeanor. We even came across destitute families who had austere living

style when people in metropolitan drives luxurious car. We headed towards Pemagatshel crossing small Telung bridge which will be replaced by enormous bridge few years later.

The most daunting road was between Nganglam and Pemagatshel. It was constructed recently and I surmise the road was still not handed to the government. Since the road was made out of gravels, we failed to reach Pemgatshel on stipulated time. But sooner or later, this road will be the highway between Nganglam and Pemagatshel benefiting thousands of commuters.

When we were about to reach, we were confounded with multiple road diversions and waited for a miracle. Alas! I met a comrade who was travelling to same destination and he informed us to follow him. It was 9:30 pm when we arrived near new Pemagatshel Dzong which is still under construction. He parked his car near his home and said, "Where do you want to go?" I said that we are new here and heading to Mongar tomorrow. Tonight I want to stay in hotel. With a smile on his face, he said "There is no hotel to lodge and more over the shops will be closed because it's already 9:30 pm." I was shock to know about a prefecture without hotels and restaurant to quell hunger. I started seeking solace in dark alienated place. It was so kind of him to offer us his guest house and even delicious supper. Later he said that he is a project manager in one of the offices. I thought he was a God in disguise and in deed he was a philanthropist. Early morning we thanked him and his family for the salvation from winter chill and hunger even though we could not meet them because we started our jouney before dawn. We travelled through Wamrong which consists of few buildings and better shops than Pemagatshel.

                     

Khaling, Tashigang
Tashigang town is settled on terrain slope and it is too crowded for commuters to park their car. The traffic gets jammed in a short period of time. We were stranded for few minutes. Finally we reached Kidheykhar Middle Secondary School and met with participants from different regions and JICA volunteers. Mongar is one of the exquisite places in Bhutan and it has enormous clustered town. I would always wish to make second visit to explore and rejuvenate adventurous zeal.



Lesson learned:
1. Always prepare pithy itinerary before travelling.
2. Respect people regardless of their lure.
3. Help needy people if you are "Being Human."

PS: With an attitude of gratitude, I sincerely thank Project Manger and the family, Pemagatshel Dzongkhag for being so generous. I wish to meet you someday and create good memories together.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.